Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+10
Kumano
Milanor
WolferCooker
Thomas
Dark_wizzie
WLHack
Andy
lilmanjs
rocketjumper
WolfForever
14 posters

[new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released!

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

[new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released! Empty [new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released!

Post by doomjedi Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 am

Happy upcoming Christmas to you all! Smile (...and happy birthday for myself tomorrow Smile )

4 years in the making, Team RayCast would like to release its new mod:

Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-eisenfaust-legacy

Featuring story and level design by Ronwolf, art by Doomjedi, programming from the talented Linuxwolf and WSJ, as well new and original soundtrack mostly by Lozer_42.
    Download size: 127 MB, mostly for ogg music and sounds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/Legacy_full.rar (Last update: 04.12.2014)

Small download (just 3MB) without sound and music for those who want just the latest updates and fixes (Last updated 04.12.2014):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/legacy_small.rar

The story takes place after the events that occured in Operation: Eisenfaust Origins and Operation: Eisenfaust. After Schabbs' demise, it was assumed that the Eisenfaust plans had been destroyed once and for all. But a former protégé of Schabbs has taken the blueprints of the operation and is attempting to restart it. It is up to special agent B.J. Blazkowicz to stop the Nazi's from creating another mutant army. Will B.J. stop them, or is he about to find out that the operation might have progressed a lot faster than he thought, with its effects far more devastating...

[new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released! Rshot
    Spoiler:

Please read readme before playing!

Have fun! Twisted Evil

Last edited by doomjedi on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 am; edited 10 times in total
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

[new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released! Empty Re: [new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released!

Post by WolfForever Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Story + Area 1 (from Balames87): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdlesPwkHtY&list=UUhodPs8v9UAe_ViYU9pOwKw
    rocketjumper
    Lucky
    Lucky

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

[new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released! Empty Re: [new edition released!] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released!

Post by rocketjumper Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 am

Dude. You can control the mecha-suit? 10/10 5 STARS HUNDRED OUTTA HUNDRED BEST GAME BEST GAME
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2013-02-26

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:29 am

Guess I now have plan for the weekend Very Happy
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 am

This seems like a stupid question - but is it really possible to get 100% stats in each level? I'm stuck in fourth level with 98% kills -_-
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252

Post by ronwolf1705 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 am

It should be possible to get 100% stats on every level. Have you found every secret?
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:20 am

Yop, I got 100% secrets and treasure, but only 98% kills...
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am

Moo cows. First thing I noticed. THIS IS AWESOME
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:18 am

Thanks!!! Smile

From report on DHW - please rename ENDART to ENDART1, not to have a crash in the end of the mod.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 pm

I haven't played any video games in a LONG TIME (due to school), but this I MUST PLAY.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:14 pm

The game has some really interesting features and its a blast to play! But so far, I wasn't able to get 100% kills in level 4, 10 and 11... Please let me know if anyone gets 100% kills in there Wink

Edit: the same problem also in levels 12 and 13... It might be caused by the "wierd" map design (it's really easy to miss something), or there might be some problem with those hidden mutants... But there are no mutants in level 4, and it's clearly impossible to get 100% kills Sad

Last edited by Kumano on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Level 8 and 9 seem to have problems getting to 100% kills. Only once I was able to achieve 100% kills on level 8.

There might be glitches with some of the "surprise mutants"
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Interesting, I had no problems with getting 100% in those...
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Level 10 is a bugger too
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:05 pm

And it feels like there's an inaccessible secret in level 13 (I was looking via ChaosEdit)...
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 am

As both our external testers were from this forum - I want to thank again Dark_Wizzie and WLHack for great testing Smile
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:56 am

Kumano wrote:And it feels like there's an inaccessible secret in level 13 (I was looking via ChaosEdit)...

What are the coordinates?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Download (dropbox) was updated to correct the bug

If you want just the map files:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/sfix.rar

Last edited by doomjedi on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Yeah, I've currently stopped aiming for 3 x 100... Level 10, wandered around it for ages, still only had 95, but 100 everything else... Level 11 was the same, only 94 %... Triple-checked all ladders, tables etc. etc... But I had too much fun racing about eight feet tall Robo style...

Anyway, whether or not it's me slacking or a bug - I don't care. I am having too much fun with this mod to let myself get stuck. I mean, I love this. BJ Rowan did it, then WSJ did it... But you guys took the entire Episode 2 / laboratory / mutant atmosphere to the next level. I am glad I just finished my current mod's Episode "2" (actually it's Episode 5 here) cause I had I played this before that, I would have no more in me. I mean these levels can never be topped. Episode 2 themed mods all lay slain!
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks man! Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Thomas, your feedbacks are just so...thank you.

Alot of tension was freed in me with this long-due release, and I even have a little post-release depression seeing world didn't turn upside down by this...but your feedback are just...so worth the effort put into this. It makes it all worth. So thankful to you for that.
    Those are kind of people and feedbacks that keep us going.
    lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by lilmanjs Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I know what I'll be playing tonight!
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 pm

I have another probem in level 17 Very Happy Its the classic flamethrower problem, (spoiler alert Very Happy ) if multiple priests start to shoot, it always crashes down...
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:59 pm

I had this problem during my testing and reported it at the time with the error message screen (and on DHW someone now already reported it as well)...it's mainly in one big battle area of first monks level with many different monks.
    But linuxwolf had problem recreating it (weirdly, because alot of monks are there and when they start to shoot projectiles it happens alot, at least in my case) - so it wasn't fixed. I wonder if LinuxWolf will fix it now. Better later than never.
    Still, it's passable. I've finished the mod numerous times - and so did our testers.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:08 pm

I have encountered zero bugs and I'm approaching level 12.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm

LOL I just jinxed myself. I get a crash when trying to kill a mutant in a mecha in level 12... "No free spots in objlist", that one.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:48 pm

Haha damn! I'll pass it on to our coder.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 pm

What Kumano said about Level 13 is true. There is a secret area blocked off by a static object. It's in the cave section. Looking for more blocked secrets because I currently have 71% secret ratio
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks, found it and fixed it. Should be in a new update coming soon.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 pm

ronwolf1705 wrote:Thanks, found it and fixed it. Should be in a new update coming soon.
    Dropbox link updated. Moddb will take longer to update.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:30 am

dropbox link updated with exe update to fix crashes and most of the other reports.
    Should not affect saved files.
    If you want direct download link for the new exe:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3751922/objlimitfix.rar
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:34 am

I just finished the game. The end stats were unfortunately messed up showing 72%, but it doesn't really matter... But I'm curious about one more thing - when I'm checking the maps with chaosedit, there is a map named No Weapon. Since I found all the secrets and didn't get there, it seems a little bit weird. How is it possible to access that level?
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 am

I think that's the secret level that could be found on level 16. Unfortunately, it was inaccessible until I fixed it. So you should be able to access it now when you update your game files.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 am

Yeah, that secret seemed quite suspicious to me all the time  Very Happy
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:28 am

ronwolf1705 wrote:I think that's the secret level that could be found on level 16. Unfortunately, it was inaccessible until I fixed it. So you should be able to access it now when you update your game files.
     I downloaded the updated exe file, but it still doesn't work. Or am I supposed to play it all the way down from beginning?
    snuffi
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2013-08-09

Post by snuffi Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 am

i play the game now. at the moment i´m in level 14. i love this mod. really great work!!!!!!!!!!! it makes lots of fun
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 am

Kumano wrote:
    ronwolf1705 wrote:I think that's the secret level that could be found on level 16. Unfortunately, it was inaccessible until I fixed it. So you should be able to access it now when you update your game files.
     I downloaded the updated exe file, but it still doesn't work. Or am I supposed to play it all the way down from beginning?
    The secret level is not exe bug, it's mapping bug. exe doesn't fix it, updated map files do...or at least should.

Old save file of that map might not work...or probably won't work.

exe was there to fix mostly occasional objlimit crashes.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 am

snuffi wrote:i play the game now. at the moment i´m in level 14. i love this mod. really great work!!!!!!!!!!! it makes lots of fun
    Thanks, have fun! Smile
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 am

doomjedi wrote:
    Kumano wrote:
    The secret level is not exe bug, it's mapping bug. exe doesn't fix it, updated map files do...or at least should.

Old save file of that map might not work...or probably won't work.

exe was there to fix mostly occasional objlimit crashes.

Yes, saved games save the old map. So unfortunately, you'd have to play the game again in order to get to it (or not unfortunately if you enjoyed it and wouldn't mind playing it again, of course Razz)
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Did WSJ compose the music? Because I love the tracks. ESPECIALLY Level 18's
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:30 pm

BJ's uniform is green in this mod. Now that Captain Obvious is done speaking, I notice in the Panzerschreck sprites that BJ's arm still has the grey colored sleeve when it should be green.

A simple recoloring should do the trick.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Did WSJ compose the music? Because I love the tracks. ESPECIALLY Level 18's

Lozer_42 did most of the soundtrack, but level 18's tune is actually one I did, so thanks! Smile
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Of course I enjoyed playing it! But I'm not sure if I wanna spend another day by playing games Very Happy Maybe you should pick me as a beta tester for any upcomming modes  Very Happy
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 pm

WolferCooker wrote:BJ's uniform is green in this mod. Now that Captain Obvious is done speaking, I notice in the Panzerschreck sprites that BJ's arm still has the grey colored sleeve when it should be green.
    Thanks for the report. Panzerschreck was the only weapon beside MG42 to be left from "Totenkopf SDL", so it's WSJ's art and I might have forgotten to recolor it. Will recolor it in our next update, if we'll issue one. Don't want to make an update just for that, it's too minor, and we have too many updates already.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Kumano wrote:Of course I enjoyed playing it! But I'm not sure if I wanna spend another day by playing games Very Happy Maybe you should pick me as a beta tester for any upcomming modes  Very Happy
    Well, our next big mod to be released is "Batman: No Man's Land". And WLHack and Dark-Wizzie already agreed to keep testing that one as well, as they did for Legacy. I'm not sure we'll need another tester for that (though with all the Legacy bugs we now discovered - we might? I think Legacy was not too bugged for it's scale of coding features, and you can never replicate the amount of "testing" it has now, there will always be bugs we didn't notice). That said - you seem to do very good "testing" do far with attention to details and I think you deserve to be considered for testing on one or more of our next mods.
    We have quite some mods in development, won't say how many Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Even with the updated EXE, the game still crashes but randomly. It occurs in a few ways:

- when you launch a rocket while mutant in a mech fires at you
    - use the flamethrower against mutant in mech firing at you or while monks fire at you.

It has happened already it crashed going into the next level after killing the army of large mutant soldiers with shotguns with the rocket launcher. That one was the no free spots in objlist again while the other just plain crash.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks for the report. It's detailed enough one can potentially check.
    We'll check that.

I'll have to note that LinuxWolf couldn't recreate "your" crash or any objlimit crash in normal game conditions even before the latest fix, he did the fix anyway. Maybe it's something with your computer? Objlimit in latest exe is huge, 3 times previous objlimit. The whole object handling system was improved.

Maybe you can send us saved game files just before possible crash?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Okay I pinpointed which scenario is the one that definitely crashes without question:

- To recreate this crash, Simply let a mutant mech fire at you point blank and just fire a rocket WHILE the mutant mech fires. It's a 100% guarantee it will crash. 

I will check out level 19 again when I get to it (with the army of shotgun wielding mutants) and kill them all with the rockets.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Thank you, this is very helpful Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Found another potential mapping mistake. 

In the beginning of Level 10, in the large locker room full of mutants, a couple soldiers, 2 mechs, and 2 ladders, one of the ladders might not be positioned right to trigger the mutant climbing down animation. Either that or its a bug.

Check the ladder closest to the weapon arsenal room with the STG44s and the ammo and medkit expansion backpacks because I could not trigger the animation on sight or close up before I attacked the enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:26 pm