Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Contest: The Key to Success

Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Contest: The Key to Success Empty Contest: The Key to Success

Post by Zombie_Plan Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Howdy guys!

To test some new features in WolfSource, and because I've been itching to do it, I've started a little contest there:

http://wolf3d.morezombies.net/gallery/contest/

Contest Name: The Key to Success.

Objective: Create a new 64x64 sprite of a key. Rustic, house, keycard, anything that unlocks a door counts!

There's a list of rules on the contest page, as well as a gallery to submit your entry into.

Obviously I'd love anyone with a passing interest to enter. Right now there's not a lot I can offer in prizes outside of a spot in the "Hall of Fame" section which is still to be made. I'm interested in hearing ideas for prizes as I'd love to do more varied contests in the future depending on interest.

Any feedback on the format and the like would be appreciated too.
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Contest: The Key to Success Empty Re: Contest: The Key to Success

Post by Zombie_Plan Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:11 am

Okay! there are 7 days left for submissions! We've had some REALLY cool keys entered so far, and I'm really happy.

Since there's a week left, voting is now open! You can vote on up to 3 different entries, and there will be an additional day of voting (That is, 14 days total to vote)

Be sure to check out the entries, vote and comment if you have the time, or make your own key for it!
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by Zombie_Plan Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Submissions have been extended for another ~5 hours due to some confusion over timezones.

There have been a lot of entries, all of which amazing, and some of a quality that is just staggering.

I really encourage everyone to go to http://wolf3d.morezombies.net/contest/ and vote/comment on the sprites! Or just look at them and go "ooooh!"
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by Zombie_Plan Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:04 am

Contest is over! Winners have been announced at http://wolf3d.morezombies.net/wolfsource/the-key-to-success-contest-results/

Thank you to everyone who got involved; it was a great test and I look forward to doing something similar sometime down the track Very Happy
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Contest: The Key to Success Empty Floppy Disks permission

Post by stathmk Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 am

I made the floppy disks for the sprite contest.  If somebody’s not banned from the forums, then I don’t object to them using my floppy disks.  However I would still like for them to contact me by email, by Wolf3D Haven message, or by Diehard Wolfers message.  I’d like to know the name of the mod that they are making and where to find the disks in it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:51 pm