Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Happy new year 2010

WLHack

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Happy new year 2010 Empty Happy new year 2010

Post by WLHack Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 am

Just started this topic to wish you all happy and eventful new year...
    Hope it will be brighter than this one and full of pleasant suprises.
    thejosh
    Black Cat
    Black Cat

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-11-20

Happy new year 2010 Empty Re: Happy new year 2010

Post by thejosh Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:55 am

I can't believe its 2010 and jetpacks aren't yet the normal form of transportation Sad Ah well, 2009 was actually not bad to me, hope I can say the same for this upcoming year. I've made the resolution to exercise more, stop chewing so much gum, and to stop lending people money (I've lent over $1,000.00 to friends and family this year and have gotten about 100.00 back. . .ugggh) I probably won't keep any of those, but it's nice to have goals once in a while Razz
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Happy new year 2010 Empty Re: Jetpacks

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 pm

thejosh wrote:I can't believe its 2010 and jetpacks aren't yet the normal form of transportation Sad ...
    I saw jetpacks being used on The Ripley's Believe It Or Not tv show. Apparently they were never mass produced because they were too unsafe, went only a few blocks, or they were worried that they might run out of fuel in flight.

We went to the 50,000-year-old meteor crater near Winslow, Arizona. In the museum there were photos of flying NASA astronauts using the crater for practice who had jetpacks on.

It sounds like you might like the movies, "The Rocketeer" or the ending to "Jingle all The Way."
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Hmm. No jetpacks OR hoverboards. I heard the same rumor about hoverboards. They are real, but too dangerous/expensive to mass produce. Want more info on hoverboards? Watch the bonus features that come with Back to the Future II. The director has some awesome demo footage of the hoverboards in action. Obviously, some of it is wire-work, however, there are a few clips that make one wonder...
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Happy new year 2010 Empty A joke

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:16 pm

I went to my optometrist this morning, December 31st. I told him, "I have a joke. Have a Happy New Year unless you're an Iranian. If you're an Iranian, then have a Happy New Year in March." Then he said, "If I were an Iranian, then I guess that I'd get to have a New Year's Eve celebration that lasts 3 months!"

I know of cultures that have New Year's Day in December or January. I thought that Jewish New Year's Day is in December. I thought that the types of Islam that are more Saudi Arabian than Iranian have a New Year's Day in December. Chinese New Year's is in January. The Roman Empire before 44 or 43 BC had New Year's Day on about March 14th.

I thought that April Fool's Day started during the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire complained about people who celebrated New Year's Day on April 1st. Apparently first some of The French thought that New Year's Day should be on March 31st and the Romans noticed Persians or Hindus celebrating New Year's Day on April 2nd.

I went to college with some Hindus and I was told that South India has at least 3 different calendars.

Anyways, have a Happy New Year wherever you are.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Happy new year 2010 Empty Then how do hoverboards work?

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:21 pm

jayngo26 wrote:Hmm. No jetpacks OR hoverboards. I heard the same rumor about hoverboards. They are real, but too dangerous/expensive to mass produce. Want more info on hoverboards? Watch the bonus features that come with Back to the Future II. The director has some awesome demo footage of the hoverboards in action. Obviously, some of it is wire-work, however, there are a few clips that make one wonder...
    I also had heard that hoverboards exist. How do they work? Do they have magnets in them? I can't imagine them repeling the ground unless they work like a magnetic monorail.

Have a Happy New Year.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 pm

Yes, they have magnets that repel the magnetic field in the earth. So, that's how the theory goes anyhow...
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Happy new year 2010 Empty Jetpacks on the Ignition episode of NCIS

Post by stathmk Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 pm

I remembered what you typed about jet packs after the Ignition episode of NCIS was on. I thought that maybe you might want to see the episode.

NCIS January 5th episode on Slashcontrol:
    http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-shows/ncis/3638993505-ncis-ignition
    NCIS January 5th episode on Hulu in regular or HD:
    http://www.hulu.com/search?query=NCIS&st=1
    NCIS January 5th episode on CBS.com:
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/video/?pid=2vyyoeef1wS1SiFZ1gS1rFvJJ8T1_12g&nrd=1
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Happy new year 2010 Empty Jetpack for sale at $86,000

Post by stathmk Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Speaking of jet packs, I saw a link on netscape.net today that the first commercially available jet pack is for sale at $86,000. Copy and paste this link:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/10/martin-jetpack-priced-at-86-000-mere-mortals-will-soon-be-able/?icid=main|netscape|dl6|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.engadget.com%2F2010%2F03%2F10%2Fmartin-jetpack-priced-at-86-000-mere-mortals-will-soon-be-able%2F

Edit: This is my 365th post in slightly less than the two years that I've been on The Haven. So it comes out to about 1 post every 2 days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:09 pm